It Is Dangerous To Move Around With Illegal Plate Number. Check How To Do FRSC Plate Number Verification.
FRSC Plate Number Verification: Driving without a plate number around the world and particularly in Nigeria, is a serious offence that comes with great consequences. It is one thing not to have a plate number, it is another thing to drive around with fake plate number and not even knowing it. Yes, a lot of people parade their cars with fake plate numbers. For security reasons, FRSC has taken measures on how to verify your plate number. This process is called FRSC plate number verification.
Do you want to find out how to verify a plate number? Do you want to find out if your plate number is real or fake? Then you have come to the right place for this information. In this article, you are going to learn everything about FRSC plate number verification. If this is the information you are searching for then keep reading this article.
How To Check Plate Number Owner In Nigeria
Plate number verification simply means checking the authenticity of an automobile license plate number. If you caught with a fake plate number in Nigeria, you would go in for it. This is the reason you need to be very careful and check plate number owner before driving any car. In the course of this article, we are going to see how to check plate owner in Nigeria.
Plate Number Verification: How To Verify Plate Number
The importance of plate number verification cannot be overemphasized, most importantly, it is for security reasons. There are also several ways available to verify plate number and it is absolutely free of charge. Here are the ways to conduct plate number verification:
1. How To Verify FRSC Plate Number Online
One of the most reliable ways to verify plate number in Nigeria is through the FRSC portal. If you wish to verify a plate number through the portal, follow these simple instructions:
- The first thing you need to do is visit https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/ on your phone or laptop
- Next, you would need to click “verify number plate” and a new page would be opened where you would be required to put in your number plate
- Put in the plate number you wish to verify and then click “submit”
- If the plate number you have checked is verified, you would see it on the screen and if not, you would get a response of “null”
2. How To Verify FRSC Plate Number Via SMS On Your Phone
If you do not have access to the internet and you need to quickly verify a plate number, don’t worry, you can now check or verify FRSC plate number vis SMS on your phone. Follow these simple steps to check FRSC plate number via sms on your phone:
- Go to your SMS, create new message “VerifyPlateNo” and then type the plate number you wish to verify beside it. Make sure you confirm the plate number before verifying it
- Once you have typed the message, send it to 33324
- You would then get a message if the plate number is real or fake.
Read Also: Differences Between Jail And Prison
3. How To Verify FRSC Plate Number Via App
If the two ways we have mentioned above does not work for checking or verifying plate number, you can still verify plate number through the app FRSC has created. Follow these simple steps to verify FRSC plate number via app:
- The first thing you need to do is install the FRSC app on your phone
- Next, open the app and input the plate number you wish to verify in the “enter plate no” section and then click on verify. A message would then come in that would indicate if the plate number is authentic or not.
10 Reasons Why You Need To Verify Plate Number
Some people do really think the verification of plate number is important. Do you think so too? Well, it is very important that one verifies plate number. Here are reasons why you need to verify plate number:
- Plate number verification promotes road safety
- It helps in identifying vehicles that have been stolen
- It prevents Car cloning
- Verification makes it easier to conduct a background check on a vehicle
- If you wish to ensure your vehicle, it is very important to do plate number verification.
- It is necessary for tollgate as well as tax collection
- It helps in enforcing traffic laws
- It makes sure that a car is legally registered
- It helps in proper registration of vehicles
- It helps in keeping the standard that vehicles suppose to have.
Vehicle Plate Number Verification Requirements
All you need to be able to verify a vehicle plate number is the plate number itself. However, if you want to register a vehicle plate number, you would need relevant information like: vehicle status, car color, car model, issue date of the plate number, chassis number, as well as vehicle plate number.
MVAA Plate Number Verification
MVAA is the acronym for Motor Vehicle Administration Agency (MVAA) and it is an initiative by the government to realize the huge potentials of modernized vehicle licensing and registration and Machinery for the attainment of socio-economic development and the security of life and property.
Through the MVAA database, you can get a report on a vehicle ownership and registration.
Lagos State Plate Number Verification Website
Lagos has to be one of the most populated states in the country, therefore the demand for vehicle registration and license is significantly high. Through the Lagos state motor vehicle administration agency has helped over time in reducing the congestion associated with issuance of vehicle license plates.
The official website for Lagos State vehicle number verification is http://www.lsmvaapvs.org/
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much Is Plate Number In Nigeria?
The price for standard private and commercial number plates is 18,50 NGN.
2. What Is The Best App To Check Plate Number In Nigeria?
The most reliable app to verify plate number in Nigeria is ConfirmMe
3. How Do I Know If My Plate Number Is Registered In Nigeria?
The best way to find out if your plate number has been verified in Nigeria is through the FRSC portal which is available for verification of plate numbers.
4. How Much Is It To Verify Vehicle Plate Number?
It is free to verify any vehicle plate number in Nigeria.
It is assumed that you can now do vehicle plate number verification for any car before you get on the road with it. If you have any questions on this topic, please let us know in the comment section below.Kindly Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!!!