Learn How to Check BVN: Exploring Code To Check BVN on MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile Using your Mobile Phone. Find Out Different Methods On How To Check BVN In This Post.
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is an 11-digit unique identity for each individual across the Nigerian Banking industry. It was introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 2014 to reduce fraud and enhance security in the Nigerian financial system.
Every Nigerian bank customer is required to have a BVN, and it is now necessary for a wide range of financial transactions, including opening a bank account, applying for a loan, or receiving a transfer. If you don’t have a BVN, you will be unable to access many essential financial services.
Once you have enrolled for a BVN, you can check it at any time using a variety of methods. This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to check your BVN, including all of the available methods and step-by-step instructions.
4 Methods for Checking BVN
There are four main ways to check your BVN:
- USSD code: Dial the code on your mobile phone.
- Bank website or app: Log in to your bank account website or app and navigate to the BVN section.
- Bank branch: Visit any branch of your bank and request your BVN from a customer service representative.
- BVN website: Visit the BVN website and enter your personal information to check your BVN.
How To Check BVN Using USSD Code
The USSD code method is the most popular way to check BVN because it is quick, easy, and can be done from anywhere with a mobile phone. To check your BVN using USSD code, follow these steps:
To check your BVN directly by dial *565*0#. After dialing the code, you will receive a notification of your 11-digit BVN number displaying on your screen.
Note: You will be charged a maximum of N20. Make sure that you have a sufficient balance of at least 20 Naira in your MTN, Airtel, Glo or 9mobile account.
How To Check Your BVN On MTN Via USSD Code
You can check your BVN directly by dialing *565*0# on the dial pad. After dialing the code, you will receive a notification of your BVN number.
Note: You will be charged a maximum of N20. As a result, saving the number somewhere so you don’t have to pay for it every time you need it is a good idea.
How To Check Your BVN On GLO via USSD Code
Checking your BVN on Glo is easy and effortless. All you need to get started is a Glo-registered SIM card and an active account balance. Below are the steps:
- Dial *565*0# on your Glo mobile.
- Press ‘1’ to confirm the BVN inquiry.
- Input the last four digits of your bank account.
- Select ‘1’ to continue.
- Your BVN will be displayed on your phone’s screen.
Checking BVN On 9Mobile via USSD Code
Simply dial *565*0# to get started, then your BVN number will be displayed.
Note: You will be charged a maximum of N20.
How To Check BVN on Airtel via USSD Code
You can get your BVN with an Airtel sim effortlessly. Just follow the steps below:
- Dial *565*0# and choose ‘check BVN’.
- Provide the requested information.
- Your BVN will display on your device’s screen.
From the information above, you now understand how you can use a mobile phone to check your BVN. Mobile network operators in Nigeria such as MTN, Etisalat, Airtel, and GLO use the universal code *565*0# to verify BVN. If you’re looking for a quick way to retrieve your BVN number, this code will come in handy.
How can I open my BVN online?
To check your BVN online, you must have registered and gotten your unique 11 digits from your bank. Now, to see this number online, simply log into your bank app. Click on the menu option and your BVN should be displayed there.
The location of the number, however, varies from one banking app to another.
Note that there is no current online platform where you can register or change your BVN at the time of this writing. Ignore websites that claim to do that, as they are most likely fraudulent.
Code To Check BVN for All Banks
You can check your BVN for all banks by dialing the shortcode (*565*0#) on the line registered to that account. The prompt will display your BVN immediately. However, note that charges may apply depending on the charge carrier (GLO, MTN, Airtel, or 9Mobile) in question.
How to check BVN on UBA
You can check your BVN on UBA through any of the following means:
- Through the mobile app
- USSD Code
- Internet banking
How to check BVN on UBA through the mobile app
Follow the steps below to check your BVN on UBA through the mobile app:
- Download the UBA bank app from the Google Play store or AppStore
- Register and log in with your bank details.
- Select the Menu Icon and choose Profile
- Finally, click on details and your details will be displayed on your screen.
How to check BVN on UBA through USSD code
Follow the steps below to check your BVN on UBA through the mobile app:
- Navigate to the dial pad on your device
- Dial *565*0# on the phone number linked with your BVN.
- Your BVN will be displayed immediately
How to check BVN on UBA through internet banking
Follow the steps below to check your BVN on UBA through internet banking:
- Visit UBA’s BVN portal login
- Navigate to check BVN
- Supply the requested details
- Lastly, submit the form and your BVN details will be displayed instantly
Do I Need My BVN To Take A Loan?
Yes. You do. Getting a loan with your BVN is not complicated. All Fintech platforms now require your BVN to give you a loan.
The reason is because they can easily track defaulters down and make a case to get back their money. Unlike commercial or microfinance banks, these fintech companies do not require you to complete loan forms or tender collateral. Rather, it’s simply a process of downloading their app, registering, and getting an instant loan.
This is one of the advantages of having a BVN. It provides you access to quick loans that you might otherwise not get.
Checking BVN Using Bank Branch
To check your BVN using a bank branch, simply visit any branch of your bank and request your BVN from a customer service representative. You will need to provide your name, date of birth, and other personal information.
Tips for Checking BVN
Here are a few tips for checking your BVN:
- Make sure to use the correct USSD code or website for your bank.
- Enter your personal information accurately.
- If you are checking your BVN using a bank branch, bring a valid form of identification with you.
- If you are checking your BVN using the BVN website, make sure to provide the BVN of a trusted person.
Troubleshooting BVN Issues
If you are having trouble checking your BVN, you can try the following:
- Check your mobile phone network signal and make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Try checking your BVN using a different method, such as using a different USSD code or website.
- If you are still having trouble, contact your bank for assistance.
Checking your BVN is a simple process that can be done using a variety of methods. By following the instructions in this article, you can easily check your BVN and ensure that you have access to all of the essential financial services that you need.
Here is some additional information about BVN that you may find helpful:
- Your BVN is unique to you and cannot be changed.
- It is important to keep your BVN confidential and never share it with anyone unless you are absolutely sure that they need to know it.
- If you suspect that your BVN has been compromised, you should contact your bank immediately.
How to Link Your BVN to Your Bank Account
If you have not already done so, you will need to link your BVN to your bank account. This can be done at any branch of your bank. To link your BVN to your bank account, you will need to provide your BVN and your bank account number.
Once your BVN is linked to your bank account, you will be able to access all of the financial services that your bank offers, includingKindly Share This Post: If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below!!!